Chapter 6 Contra-indications or not?
Electrically, magnetically, or mechanically activated implants and devices.
After this overview in chapter 6 you should be able:
• To perceive the specific acronyms/abbreviations associated to your MRI system(s) and MR Safety.
• To distinguish the different contra-indications and to act properly if patients come for an MRI examination.
• To act in case of Emergency and to know the procedures.
• To describe and apply the local and national regulations regarding contra indications.
• To name the different risks directly related to the MR system(s).
• To understand and describe the risk assessment/ limits related to contra-indications around your MRI system(s).